For years in the electric bike world, Himiway has been known for its spectacular achievements in the production of long-range e-bikes, they have majorly been known for the distance that their bikes have managed to go on one charge. In recent times, Himiway has been known for more than just the distance their e bikes have been able to go, but they have risen up to an expert level in the production of this unique brand of electric bikes.
In this article, we will be talking extensively about why Himiway is in no doubt the ultimate expert when talking about long-range e-bikes, some of Himiway’s Long-range e-bikes and how best to maximize the range of your e-bikes.
Understanding The Range Of E-bikes
There are a number of e-bikes in the world at large, and depending on the maker, the specification and even the target market each of these electric bicycles come in various ranges. The average range of many e-bikes is between 20-100 miles or 32-162 miles.
The range of an electric bicycle simply put is how far or for how long you can ride a particular electric bicycle on just one charge. The more electricity the battery can store, the likelihood it can go farther is higher.
So if your e-bike can go more miles after a single charge, that simply means that it has a longer range than some others which cannot.
Factors That Impact E-bike Range
Just like most things, an e-bike has different things that have an influence on its range. Some of these factors are related to how the e-bike is produced and some are due to how it is maintained.
Factors That Have An Influence On The Range Of An E-Bike
- The payload capacity: this is how much weight is being put on the electric bike, which includes the weight of the driver and the gear they have on or carry.
- The speed: the speed at which the rider is going is a factor that impacts the range because the higher the average speed of the rider, the lower the battery’s range capacity. Also when a rider moves faster, the battery of the e-bike drains faster.
- Tire type and pressure: Low-pressure tires tend to drain the battery of your e-bike faster because they have an increased resistance, they put pressure on your motor which in turn puts pressure on the battery.
- Road Terrain and weather condition: Mountain biking or climbing steep areas needs more effort than riding on a smooth road, the more effort put into pedalling your e-bike the more power put on the battery the faster it drains.
- Type and capacity of the battery: the more energy the battery of an electric bike can store, the longer the battery will last during a ride.
Some other factors that can impact your e-bike range are; pedal assistance, battery charge level, riding style, and gear shifting.
The Himiway Promise: Long-Range Capabilities
Himiway being the ultimate expert in e-bikes with long-range capabilities, has some of the best long-range fat tire e-bikes. They have studied and produced e-bikes which promise long-range capabilities unlike before. With new equipped features to make the rider comfortable and safe.
Himiway Zebra All-Terrain Electric Bike
The Himiway Zebra long range electric bike uk is a long-range electric bike that has a geared hub motor of 250 watts and has been estimated to go about 80 miles per charge. The Zebra all-terrain bike can move up to 15.5 mph and has a very strong Samsung/LG battery of 48V 20Ah.
This unique bike has a payload capacity of 400 lbs and a gear shift system of 7 speeds. The payload capacity of the Himiway zebra all-terrain bike is 115 lbs higher than the market research, and Himiway has been able to achieve this through the use of their quality 6061 aluminium to create the frame and give the bike the utmost durability,
The Himiway Zebra combines the new 48V 20Ah Samsung/LG lithium-ion battery to ensure a long life expectancy and distinguished performance. A single charge can take you up to 80 miles on pedal assist, and around 60 miles on pure electric power mode.
Himiway Cruiser Fat Tire Electric Bike
The Himiway cruiser fat tire e-bike is another long-range electric bike with top-tier features. The cruiser has a continuous geared hub motor of 250 watts, with a Samsung/LG battery of 48V 17.5Ah.
This bike has been estimated to travel between 35 – 60 miles per charge and can move up to 15.5 mph. It has a gear shift system of 7 speeds and has a payload capacity of 350 lbs.
The cruiser has the latest updated inner ring which is specialised in high-temperature resistance and has better heat dissipation this allows it to conquer the most rugged terrain very easily. It has a max motor torque of 80 Nm.
The superior battery of the Himiway cruiser has a long life expectancy with distinguished performance and takes just 6-7 hours to charge fully with a total battery capacity of 840Wh.
Himiway Cobra Electric Mountain Bike
The Himiway Cobra electric mountain bike is an off-the-road best electric bike. It adopts a strong four-bar linkage suspension and coil suspension which absorbs any and all bumps on the way of a trail. The Cobra has a payload capacity of 400 lbs with 26*4.8 super fat tires.
It has a geared hub motor of 250 watts with a 48V 20Ah Samsung/LG battery. The Cobra has a max 25 MPH with pedal assist and is estimated to have a range of 80 miles per charge. This fat tire e-bike has a true 4-bar linkage and a torque sensor.
The Himiway Cobra is the first electric bike on the UK market that has a four-bar linkage suspension technology with 4.8 super fat tire which allows the rider to safely use their bike in deep snow and soft sand without any accidents.
How To Maximise The Range Of Electric Bikes
To make sure your e-bike functions at optimised levels, there are a few tips to maximise the range of your bikes. They are
- Look after your bike: Always check your bike before and after every ride to ensure nothing is wrong with it
- Avoid stopping and starting your bike every time rather switch to a lower gear so that you do not waste a lot of the batteries energy
- Charge your battery: before going anywhere, ensure that your battery is fully charged and keep safe when the battery is not in use.
- If possible, don’t carry items that are too heavy.
- Always change the gear when you begin to move faster.
In this article, we went into depth on how to help you understand e-bike ranges, the factors that have an impact on their ranges and how to maximise your electric bike range.
We also talked about 3 different Himiway long range bikes; the Himiway zebra all-terrain electric bike, the Himiway cruiser fat tire electric bike and the Himiway cobra electric mountain bike. These 3 are your best bet when looking for long range bikes that last and give you what you want.
Ensure you take adequate care of your bike so you can go longer distances on just one charge.